Friday, February 25, 2011

Celebrity Crushes

Before I launch into my topic, I want to welcome you back to my blog...I haven't posted in 7 months! No explanation for my absence, just didn't feel very insightful

I'm back to talk about....celebrity crushes! Unlike acne, they linger way beyond adolescence and can be a fun fantastical diversion in our adult lives. My crushes involve an attractive celebrity, but usually I'm attracted by looks alone, there has to be some substance behind that stunning smile. But this does not mean that I judge anyone who chooses their crushes based on looks alone.

Okay, my latest celebrity crush
is Mark Cuban. I saw him on ESPN a few weeks ago and was amazed at how he has evolved from Joe Every-guy to neatly sculpted metro-sexual. Then I started reading his blog and the crush intensified. He writes in a very "off the cuff" manner which is refreshing and he's funny as hell. While his blog recycles his ideas on the same 7-8 topics, it is still interesting. What amazed me the most is the amount of detail he puts into his entries (too much for my taste) and how he uses quantitative analysis to justify his positions topics ranging from the BCS, NBA officiating or the judging on Dancing With The Stars (he was a contestant a few years ago). Overall, Mark is a really good celebrity crush because he's cute and he makes you think too.

As a sidebar, I really hope Mark can successfully institute a meaningful playoff system in college football. He certainly has the money, clout and passion to do so!!

So, I showed you all mine, show me yours. Post a comment and tell me about a celebrity crush (past or present). Be sure to include what you like most about this crush...and it can simply be "he/she is so damn fine."



.








No comments:

Post a Comment